When you are about 10 months old, it is a turning point for a lot of babies as they achieve many infant developmental milestones. These infant developmental milestones as a 10-month-old are such as stacking items, standing, feeding themselves, etc.
Your little one is fast approaching their upcoming first birthday, and along with that, it is bringing a lot of new and exciting things and challenges for you. But don’t you worry because I have some excellent tips for your baby’s infant developmental milestones. So let’s see what these infant developmental milestones look like from every angle.
Infant Developmental Milestones From All Angles
Note that infant developmental milestones for your 10-month-old are both physical and mental. So first, we will read about physical and mental.
Physical Infant Developmental Milestones
- Your little one moves from the stomach to a seated position
- From a standing position, they will start squatting down.
- Pulls up from the floor using furniture to a standing position.
- Walks or take little steps
- Points or goes for items they want
- Grabs food to feed themselves
- Wave “bye-bye,” and start to say simple words like “Mama” and “Dada.”
- Can stack okay cups, items, or bowls.
Mental Infant Developmental Milestones
- I can see colors well at the age of 10 months.
- Develop specific preferences for textures and tastes.
- Show curiosity and explore how things work.
- Develop and show new personality traits.
- Attaches meaning to words like getting on when you say “bye-bye.”
- Loves music and shows excitement in hearing music.
- Understand one-word phrases or requests.
Baby Care Basic Tips
One of the easiest methods to care for your baby is through play. Now that they start understanding things as their brain starts functioning properly. This is the time that they can develop a habit of politeness, firmness, etc. And this is the time when they need the most attention regarding food and nutrition.
Daily Activities To Be Played
- Play peek-a-boo to develop a sense of happiness.
- Stacking colorful blocks together.
- Play along with your baby’s lead, like answering the phone, accepting small gifts from them.
- Sing interactive songs together
- Rolling ball back and forth
Feeding And Nutrition
A 10 months old baby is a finger food pro; your baby might have started picking food items with its fingers as well. To incorporate a balanced diet, add
As the baby is now 10 months old, they have begun dropping their morning naps. Instead, they take a long afternoon nap. While the shift from morning to afternoon nap routine, for a few days, they might be a little cranky, but it’s okay. It is a part of their infant developmental milestones. You might need to follow the time management of the afternoon. Some tips are
- Ask for help from family members
- Consider a sleep coach
- Don’t interrupt daily naps
- Try sleep training
With that, we have come to an end to this article about infant developmental milestones. Motherhood is a blessing and a challenge at the same time. Consider it as a phase that you will love to recall afterward. Along with that, see and document your child achieving infant developmental milestones.